Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Top Ten Best Beach Reads

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme hosted at The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's topic is Top Ten Best Beach Reads.


City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

I think the first books I ever took to the beach where The Mortal Instrument ones. I remember sun bathing while reading about Jace and Claire and the world of Shadowhunters and Downloaders and loving every minute of it.






Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCafferty

Jessica's humor is as dry as the desert in a hot summer day and it's amazing.
It's a really fast read that'll keep you hooked and awed to the inner workings of Jessica's mind as she lives life and writes it all down.





Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Sometimes all you want for the summer is to find a really light and fast book to read, and that's what you get when you read about Anna's new life in Paris: the sweetest story filled with romance and humor and that'll leave you giddy after you finish reading it.






Born at Midnight by C.C. Hunter

Reading about a camp of troubled teens during the summer is all I've ever wanted in my life.
Especially when they're supernatural.





Another fast and sweet read where the title tells us everything, really.
Girl comes back to spend the summer with boys looking all grown up and that draws their attention. Summer romance ensues. 





Delirium  by Lauren Oliver

Dystopias always remind me of heat and sun and summer things, and Delirium is definitely one of the best books of this particular genre out there.





Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles

Simone Elkeles is a terrifc writer, and Pierfect Chemistry is one of my favorite books written by her.
It was also one I read with my feet stuck in the sand and the ocean about four blocks away, so it'll always have a spot in my best beach reads.




Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins

Book one of my favorite trilogy ever, oh my god.
That's the entire reason why this is on the list, to be honest. Because it's one of my favorites books, and it came out close to the summer, and it's just so good and it has romance and angels and demons and it's the best!




Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally

My Top Ten needs to have a sports book, and this is it.
The fact that this one has a girl for her high school football team's quarterback is just a bonus.





Divergent by Veronica Roth

And another dystopian book, although this one focuses less on finding love and more on finding yourself. Quick and action-filled read that will keep you glued to the pages until the very end. 

3 comments:

  1. I feel guilty saying this but Divergent is still on my own TBR! Maybe I need to make it a beach read this summer. Great list!

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Delirium and Divergent. I haven't read any of the other books, so I'll have to check out your recommendations.

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. City of Bones and Anna and the French Kiss are excellent. I also love Delirium and Divergent. Amazing picks!

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...