Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Top Ten Freebie: Favorite Book Covers

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme hosted at The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's topic is Top Ten Freebie (Anything you want! Top Ten Favorite Paranormal Creatures! Top Ten Books Set in Paris! Top Ten Books I Wish I Never Read! etc. etc.)



Since this week's topic is anything I want, I'm gonna go ahead and choose last week's topic and make it my Top Ten Freebie:

Top Ten Favorite Book Covers of Books I've Read

Smokeless Fire by Samantha Young

If it wasn't for the originality of the plot, I think I would've bought this book solely because of it's cover. At the time, it was just so different from everything I'd seen while browsing books on Amazon that I remember stopping just so I could stare at it and gush about all the colors and how smoky and put together everything was.

And as it turned out, the story ended up being just as freaking amazing as the cover art for it was.



The Vincent Brothers by Abbi Glines

I have to admit that I only ended up reading The Vincent Boys because I saw the cover for The Vincent Brothers and almost died. It was just so cute. And it also had this really neat feeling about it with just the girl's lips pressed against the green apple, and I  just really loved the way it looked.

I know both books now have new covers, but this one will always be the one I think about whenever someone mentions this story to me.



The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

I liked this cover more than I liked the actual story of the book.

I just remember being at the bookstore and staring at it with my eyebrows raised because the cover interested me that much. Not that the story was bad, it just wasn't enough to keep me hooked most of the time.

The book looks damn good on my shelf, though, so there's that.


This is Not a Test by Courtney Summers

I only loved this so much because of the blood spatters on the left upper corner of the cover.

They're so badass. And subtle. And awesome.

Just like the story.

Seriously. It's amazing and everyone should read it and embrace the violence that is the zombie apocalypse.

Own the Wind by Kristen Ashley

I love bikes. So it's a given that I'll love anything with bikes in them. Also, the boots. And the road. And just everything really.

The fact that this awesome cover comes with a good story is just a plus for me. And that it was written by Kristen Ashley is like the whipped-cream on top. The cover to the second installment of this series is just as good, but since I haven't read it yet I couldn't mention it here.


Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare

I remember the day the cover was revealed and me sitting in front of the computer with my mouth gaping because it was just so pretty. The girl and the dress and the glowing book. They all came together beautifully and I loved it.

The only bad thing about this cover is that it's the cover for the final book on the Infernal Devices series, so it was sad to see all of the characters go. But still, amazing cover.


Rant by Chuck Palahniuk

This cover doesn't make any sense???

Which I guess it makes all kind of sense when you consider the plot of Rant.

This book is one of my favorite books ever, and I guess the weird cover just makes me love it even more. I don't know. I get a smile every time I see it, I just like it so much.


Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire

The first time I read Beautiful Disaster the book still had that cover with the red lips and the tongue sticking out. Remember that?

So when they updated the cover to this one, it was about just the most beautiful cover I had ever seen. Mostly because it was such an improvement from the old one, but also from how simple and delicate it looked.

The cover from Walking Disaster is also awesome, but this one is my favorite from the series.

The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay

I know they changed the cover, but I don't know why.

This one is so beautiful and its significance to the story is so much bigger than the cover they updated it to. Aaahhh!

Anyways, yes. This cover. I loved it because of how it shows us a little bit of the story with the all of these coins under water. It actually refers to a really cute moment in the book, which kind of just makes me like it even more.

Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

This cover art works perfectly with the title of the book, because whenever I look at it I instantly think about winter time and snow. Also, it's cute.

The fact that this is also a great part of the story just makes me like this even more, even though the edition I have at home is the UK one with it's black and white cover.

Sad face.

2 comments:

  1. I had a really tough time coming up with anything for this topic when it came up a few weeks ago, so I skipped it. I'm glad you found some good ones! I especially like the one for THIS IS NOT A TEST -- it's a dramatic and intriguing cover, which totally fits the story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good list, I love Shiver's cover as well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...